Extend physical science exploration to magnetism, forces, and sound
Students further their understanding of physical science concepts such as conservation of energy, how sound travels, and magnetic fields. They experiment with collisions, produce waveforms, and explore how pulleys work as simple machines.
In the module’s comprehensive culminating activity, students design a machine to detect counterfeit coins.
Physical Science Series II includes:
- Investigation literature and student guide, comprehensive Curriculum Guide, and a Curriculum Resources CD-ROM with a virtual lab
- Five units of study (labs), each with 3-6 activities (21 activities total):
- Unit 1: Exploring Gravity
- Unit 2: Exploring Magnetism
- Unit 3: Exploring Sounds Waves
- Unit 4a: Exploring Force and Motion
- Unit 4b: Exploring Simple Machines
- Unit 5: Comprehensive Inquiry Investigation
- Posters on force and motion, magnetism, and sound
- Storage cabinet with materials for 40 students in clearly labeled drawers
||Complete Module with Virtual Lab
||CD-ROM Network License