Engage students in explorations of energy, light, and electricity
Students develop a thorough understanding of concepts such as conductivity, transfer of heat, color mixing, specific heat, and the scientific method. They hone skills through activities that include using a calorimeter, classifying materials, and building a simple circuit.
The module concludes with a comprehensive culminating activity in which students design an optical instrument to determine the salt concentration of an unknown solution.
Physical Science Series I includes:
- Investigation literature and student guide, comprehensive Curriculum Guide, and a Curriculum Resources CD-ROM with a virtual lab
- Five units of study (labs), each with 3-6 activities (19 activities total):
- Unit 1a: Exploring the Scientific Method
- Unit 1b: Exploring the Science of Measurement
- Unit 2: Exploring Heat and Energy
- Unit 3: Exploring Light and Optics
- Unit 4: Exploring Electricity
- Unit 5: Comprehensive Inquiry Investigation
- Posters on light, heat, electricity, and the scientific method
- Storage cabinet with materials for 40 students in clearly labeled drawers
||Complete Module with Virtual Lab
||CD-ROM Network License