Explore the many kingdoms of life—in the classroom or field
Hands-on activities inspire students to learn by investigating life classification; how organisms create a food web; microbes—bacteria, fungi, and protists; plants and the plant life cycle; and animal behavior. They also design their own experiment on environmental preference.
In the module’s comprehensive culminating activity, students conduct six field surveys—site, forest, grassland, stream/river, microlife and soil—using collection, identification, and observation skills.
Kingdoms of Life includes:
- Investigation literature and student guide, comprehensive Curriculum Guide, and a Curriculum Resources CD-ROM with a virtual lab
- Three units of study (labs), each with 2–8 activities (17 activities total):
- Unit 1: Classifying Life
- Unit 2: Life’s Kingdoms
- Unit 3: Comprehensive Inquiry Investigation
- Posters on classification, viruses and bacteria, protists, plants, and the ecology of vernal pools
- Storage cabinet with materials for 40 students in clearly labeled drawers
||Complete Module with Virtual Lab
||CD-ROM Network License