Engage students in investigating the chemistry principles that are integral to their daily lives
Students investigate atomic structure, molecular structure, the periodic table, matter and elements. They experiment with mixtures, compounds, gases (Boyle’s gas law), chemical and physical reactions endothermic and exothermic reactions, acids, bases, salts, and oxidationreduction reactions.
In two comprehensive culminating activities, students apply what they’ve learned to demonstrate water purification and conservation of mass.
Chemistry—A Closer Look at Matter includes:
- Investigation literature and student guide, comprehensive Curriculum Guide, and a Curriculum Resources CD-ROM with a virtual lab
- Four units of study (labs), each with 2–10 activities (27 activities total):
- Unit 1: Atom and Basic Molecular Structures
- Unit 2: Physical Changes
- Unit 3: Chemical Changes
- Unit 4: Comprehensive Inquiry Investigations
- Posters on the mole and the ideal gas law
- Storage cabinet with materials for 40 students in clearly labeled drawers
||Complete Module with Virtual Lab
||CD-ROM Network License