The Curriculum Guide: Your Program Roadmap
- Objectives, concepts and skills, and vocabulary
- Detailed inquiry-based activities
- How to collect, organize, understand, analyze, and record data
- Unit summary
- Pacing chart
- Teacher tips
- Kit materials list
Inquiry-Based Lab Investigations
- Objectives and time requirements
- What you need and pre-lab prep
- Step-by-step lab instructions
- Safety & disposal information
- Assessment questions
- Extensions and challenges
- Cross-curricular integration
- Standards correlations
Reproducible Student Guide
- Learning objectives
- Complete background information
- What you need
- Step-by-step procedures
- Safety and disposal information
- Going further activities
- Topic-related references
- Science safety rules and MSDS
- Science postulates
- How to keep a laboratory notebook
- Scientific notation
- Equivalents, formulas, and symbols
- Full glossary
- Reference guide
Curriculum Resource Software
A CD-ROM*, included with each module, contains tools and information that help students to master the programs content and skills.
- Students perform investigations by manipulating equipment on their virtual workbench.
- Full range of instructors desks; students workstations; base, wall, mobile, and specialty cabinets; and seating.
- Electronic notebook allows recording and analyzing results.
- Topic-related content features detailed illustrations.
- Hyper-linked glossary contains key concepts and terms.
- Dynamic multi-media tutorials and presentations are web-deliverable.
- Test questions can be accessed in either practice or test mode.
- Customizable tests and worksheets offer five question types—essay, multiple choice, concept map, matching, and labeling.
- Image gallery contains printable images for customizing presentations.
- Dynamic animations reinforce key concepts.
- Experimental results section provides in-depth experimental data analysis. Where applicable, graphs, tables, and images are included.
- Tips facilitate teaching each activity.
Correlations to Standards and Curricula
- Key concepts are correlated to the National Science Education Standards (NSES).
- Correlations to all 50 state standards are available via a website link.
- Alignments to popular textbooks are included online.
* CD-ROM System Requirements: Windows 2000 or higher, VISTA–compatible, Mac 9.2 or higher (including OSX), 128 MB RAM. Network version available.